Friday, August 17, 2007

Top 10 Football Movies

With the season right around the corner (and as I prepare for my fantasy draft), I think a football movie list is appropriate. Here are my top ten football movies:

10. The Waterboy (1998)


The Fonz and a donkey named Steve? What's not to love??

9. Friday Night Lights (2004)

It was actually a movie before it became a television series? Good flick about football in the football state.

8. The Longest Yard (1974 - THE ORIGINAL)

Remember how cool Burt Reynolds was? Remember how much you loved Smokey and the Bandit? Check out this flick (especially if you have seen the remake).

7. Jerry McGuire (1996)

Ok, not technically about football, but it does explore a side of the business that we often hear about but don't (or rarely) see.

6. Any Given Sunday (1999)

An updated North Dallas Forty. Good flick.

5. Remember the Titans (2000)

Great flick. Emotional and inspirational.

4. Necessary Roughness (1991)

Not great, but entertaining. One of those movies I have to watch, even for a little bit, if I am channel surfing and happen upon it.

3. North Dallas Forty (1979)

This is how pro football was (is) back in the day. Gritty, in your face, do anything to get on the field (and then suffer for it for the rest of your life). Great flick.

2. The Replacements (2000)

I just really enjoy this movie. Some great actors (Hackman and Orlando Jones), great characters (Daniel Batement - Jon Favreau), and an ending that ranks right up there with the greatest sports endings of all time! Ok, I really do think Gene Hackman is great actor, I do like Jon Favreau's character ("I got you the ball!!!"), and this is my second favorite football movie of all time. Please get used to my sarcasm. Thanks.

By the way, has anybody heard anything about that new movie Jon Favreau is directing, Iron Man?

1. Rudy (1993)

I dare you to watch the end of this movie and not get choked up. Go ahead cry (I mean try).

Ok people, let's get some debate going! What do you think? Let me know . . . .

Is anybody there???

No comments: