Thursday, August 16, 2007

Top 5 Lethal Weapon Villains

When I was a sophomore or junior in high school, I found Lethal Weapon. I didn't just watch it, I was obsessed with it. It was a good flick and I was a teenager, so it just clicked with me. Lethal Weapon probably started my obsession with movies. Therefore, I feel compelled to start with a Lethal Weapon list, and ranking the movies did not seem interesting (or less interesting) to me. If I were to rank the movies, they would go almost in order (1, 2, 4 and 3). The franchise didn't have the strongest villains, but they did have some good ones, and that's why I have only included 5. Here is my list of the top five villains from the franchise:

1. Derrick O'Connor - Pieter Vorstedt (Lethal Weapon 2)

Pieter Vorstedt wins the prize as the top villain, mostly for the scene in which he tells Riggs that he was the one who killed Riggs' wife ("She didn't die straight away, it took a bit of time.") Best moment of the franchise (hmmmm, maybe that should be another list).

2. Gary Busey - Mr. Joshua (Lethal Weapon)

He ranks just above Jet Li because he was in the best movie of the franchise. Strong villain and General McAllister's loyal henchman. Remember the lighter??

3. Jet Li - Wah Sing Ku (Lethal Weapon 4)

He kicked Riggs' ass?!? Are you kidding me?!?!

4. Joss Ackland - Arjen Rudd (Lethal Weapon 2)

Racist who shoots Riggs and then claims diplomatic immunity. What a guy.

5. Mitch Ryan - General Peter McAllister (Lethal Weapon)

Before he was Greg's dad on Dharma and Greg, he was a good (not great) villain in Lethal Weapon.

No comments: