Tuesday, September 4, 2007

All Time Favorite Movies (COMING SOONer or later)

When I started this blog (almost three whole weeks ago), my intent was to come up with some unique lists of movies that you may not see on other blogs/websites (and also link to unique lists I discover elsewhere). However, I think it is important for you to get a sense of my movie watching habits/interests. I also think (hope) that if I create a list of my all-time favorite movies, it will prompt some comments and/or debate. Therefore, coming sooner or later - my all time 100 favorite movies.

The movies contained in the list will not necessarily be critically acclaimed (although there will be some of those) nor will they necessarily be popular or have made money (although there will be many of those). Rather, the movies contained in the list will be movies that I truly enjoyed and/or hold some special meaning to me.

I plan to document some of the issues that arise as I compile this list (e.g. - should movie "x" be included in the list or is it number 101?) I am also trying to decide how to reveal the list - should I include the entire list in one post or reveal one movie per post? Should I reveal the movies in order or randomly? Feel free to comment on these issues. After all, I do want audience participation (in comments and debate, not in the substance of the list itself - that's all mine).

In the meantime, here is a link to a list of the Internet Movie Database's top 250 movies as voted on by its readers. Enjoy.

No comments: